The nccr – on the move is the National Center of Competence in Research (NCCR) for migration and mobility studies. It aims to enhance the understanding of contemporary phenomena related to migration and mobility in Switzerland and beyond. Connecting disciplines, the NCCR brings together research from the social sciences, economics and law. Managed from the University of Neuchâtel, the network comprises fourteen research projects at ten universities in Switzerland.
The nccr – on the move Network Office is seeking a Communication Officer (60-80%)
Short description of the vacancy: The start date will be 1 August 2019 (or upon agreement). Within the Network Office at the University of Neuchâtel you will be the main contact for journalists and the interested public. You will be in charge of the NCCR’s internal and external communication, which means that you adapt and implement the communication strategy, the media strategy and the crisis communication concept with a focus on brand management and corporate design. One of your main tasks will be to maintain, further develop and promote the NCCR’s research results through the website, blog, online newsletter and social media channels. In this function, you provide communication support to the network members in their written products and presentations while also drafting own texts. Moreover, you manage the communication between the Network Office and the NCCR members. One of your key concerns in this regard is the implementation and refinement of the NCCR’s corporate design toolkit (graphic guidelines, templates etc.) in cooperation with the graphic designers. Externally, in cooperation with the Knowledge Transfer Officer, you are responsible for ensuring knowledge transfer to the target audiences via a diversity of tools, both online and in print. You will also handle media enquiries and assist the network members in drafting press releases.
- You have a demonstrated professional experience, preferably 3+ years, in science communication in a university setting or related experience in corporate communications or public relations.
- You have either completed an academic degree in social sciences, humanities, economics or law and advanced training in communication / journalism or a first degree in journalism / communications with a working experience in communicating social science research. Knowledge of migration and mobility issues is an asset.
- You have proven storytelling and editing skills and an excellent command of written and spoken French as well as English; good passive knowledge of German is also required.
- You are a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills who is motivated by the prospect of implementing the NCCR’s communication strategy, thereby developing tools that cater to the needs both of the NCCR Community and the external target audiences. Moreover, you have an advanced knowledge of different IT tools and expertise in cross-media communications.
- Ideally, you also master the use of graphic design programs, in particular InDesign, to implement the NCCR’s corporate design in written and online products.
Benefits and Employer: We offer an interesting and stimulating environment in a multilingual team, flexible working conditions, and good social benefits in line with the University of Neuchâtel’s standards. The University of Neuchâtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to assembling a diverse staff. Women and candidates with a migration background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submitting application: Applications should be uploaded via the website www.unine.ch/srh/emplois by 30 April 2019. For additional information about the position, please contact: Nicole Wichmann, Administrative Director, email@example.com.