The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is looking for :
Title of Assignment: Motion Graphics Animator
Name of unit/sector: News and Media Section, Communication Division
Place of Assignment: Geneva, Switzerland
Expected duration of assignment: Six months
1. Objective of the assignment
To produce creative and inspiring video in several forms with a focus on video graphics by pitching own stories, as well as contributing to and managing video animations from inception to completion.
The Motion Graphics Animator will carry out the following duties:
1) Initiate, conceptualize and implement a set of video animation projects to promote and explain WIPO’s flagship reports, products and events (e.g. report on WIPO’s global IP services, World Intellectual Property Day campaign, Global Digital Content Market conference) further to discussions with substantive and service areas within the Organization and to own research.
2) Prepare, design, and plan concepts and layout for motion graphic projects in relation to above mentioned events and any other that may arise during the contract, and to assist the Communications Division in explaining the role of intellectual property to a broad public.
3) Design and produce creative motion graphics animations for deliverables (statistics/marketing/corporate animations, etc) in relation to above mentioned events and any other that may arise during the contract on various media including TV, web, mobile, etc.
4) Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
5) Work with other content producers to create, edit, and deliver video content that supports other editorial work in relation to above mentioned events and any other that may arise during the contract.
6) Work with the video producer and other designers to resolve content, technical and/or design issues.
7) Research and analyze best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics in relation to above mentioned events and any other that may arise during the contract.
Ensure compliance with WIPO’s guidelines, deadlines, branding and design standards.
The incumbent will report directly to the Senior Video Producer under the general supervision of the Head of the News and Media Section.
a) A university degree in a Motion Graphics, 4D video, digital creative, or related discipline, or specialized certification equivalency.
b) At least three years of professional experience in designing and animating motion graphics.
c) A motion graphics portfolio to demonstrate creative talent and professional skill set.
d) Strong conceptual and narrative skills and the ability to transform complex technical or statistical content into an engaging narrative.
e) Strong creative artistic design ability, with quick turn-around skills
f) Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
g) High proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Final Cut Pro X, and Cinema 4d.
h) Strong sense of design, layout, typography and motion.
i) Ability to produce high-end motion graphics content independently and see a project from concept to completion.
j) Initiative, a sense of organization and an eye for detail.
k) Ability to work well in a fast-paced, environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
l) Experience with video/TV shooting and editing an asset.
5. Duration of contract and payment
The contract is for an initial period of six months, with no guarantee of renewal. Payment will be made subject to satisfactory performance. Applicants are requested to provide an indication of their remuneration expectations in Swiss Francs.
ICS contractors fall outside the coverage of employment contracts for WIPO Staff members and are not subject to the WIPO Staff Regulations and Rules. The contractor has no entitlement to vacation or sick leave, except for WIPO official holidays, or to medical insurance or staff pension. Absences from work will be deducted from the contractor’s payment on a pro-rated basis.
Autres offres intéressantes